I fooled my 6 year old.

Fooling a child is much more difficult than it sounds. I know there are some moms that blend up veggies and sneak them in foods, but my boys always spit it out...they just know. This time though, I got the little one right where I want him. Over something so ridiculous. Water.

I know kids prefer sugary juices and fun drinks, but my kids never really had those to begin with. Juice was always cut in half with water when they were little, and now only drink Crystal Lite and diet sodas. So what is the big deal with water? The little one just refuses to drink it. Nope, I don't like water. It's yucky. Forget it, I'm not thirsty. SERIOUSLY?

But, I had a revelation. One drop, just one, of food coloring into the clear glass of water, and you know what? That little boy drank it up, just figuring it was a weak blueberry juice. HA HA GOT YOU. Yup, I sound mean, but it's a game, a full-blown mind game, that I lose too often. Well not this time. 

Yes, I know some will say food coloring will stain teeth and bla bla,but ONE drop, one glass a day isn't the end of the world. And it's temporary. I plan to slowly lighten the color to the lovely natural clear of water. He will be pissed at me, and probably still not want to drink the water, but I have to give it a go. I have to be the victor in this duel. I know it will end in a few years when he's playing a sport in 90 degree weather, but for now, this is the sport. I'm so close to the win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.