A Household Favorite

So many games have been purchased, opened, and put on a shelf to collect dust in this house. But not this one. I stumbled onto it at least 3 or 4 years ago, and even today we played for almost an hour with it. I'm not even sure if it's made anymore, but wanted to share.

Let me take you back for a second. Back to when my Alex played with nothing. NOTHING. Sure he'd fly his reindeer around and sing, but as far as toys went, we were stumped every birthday and holiday. So part of my being a stay at home mom job was wandering the aisles of Target, ToyRUs, or anywhere else there may be that something he'd play with. This came in a fun package, was reasonably priced, and certainly worth a try!

Now don't get me wrong, Alex certainly didn't take to it right away, but from a mom/teacher perspective, it was a great toy. I love toys that have multiple uses. I knew the therapists would love it too. It's meant to be a simple game of Memory. It comes with 10 animals that come apart, and 20 hay stacks. That was too much for us when we started, so we'd use 3 animals and 6 stacks. You simply split the animals, in half, cover them with hay, and try to match the tops with the bottoms. That easy! They are cute and they are more fun to touch and find than the old card versions of Memory.

It took many unsuccessful tries, but Alex did finally enjoy the toy. Never quite made a right match, but even mixing a chicken head with a dog butt made for some good laughs. We also used it for counting and learning animal sounds. Chris always enjoyed using the whole set as a Memory game, and later in time we started using it as a 'guess which haystack the animal is under' as they get mixed up.

All in all, a fun, cute game. If you see it in the store, I say pick it up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!