I forgot what a great place it is!

Where you ask? The library of course! Anyone who knows me knows I've always been a reader. Became a reading teacher. Would rather read than do almost anything else. I've had a library card as long as I can remember, and used to go at least once a week. The libraries in NY were very different.....very, very big, very well stocked, and very wonderful. Libraries here in rural PA are small, crappily stocked, and mediocre at best. So I go from time to time, but just lost my library love along the way.

Thankfully my kids love books too, and we do go for them here and there. With summer finally here, I decided to start going at least on a weekly basis, and have my older son join the summer reading program that starts next week. So he and I headed over there today, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised.

The kids' section was nicely stocked. But in addition to the books they now have some puzzles and games, as well as a computer with tons of educational goodies for them to browse. I took out 4 books for each boy, and two for myself. I never did finish the Alex Cross series(James Patterson rocks), and The Super Nanny, as one of my goals this summer is successful potty training.

We spent about an hour there today, and really enjoyed some quiet, educational, and fun together time. It will be a definite regular stop during the summer. If you haven't gotten your kids library cards yet, get going! It's free, and one of the best gifts you'll ever give them:)

Happy Friday!

Comments

  1. I, too, love the library. Ours here is really nice, and is connected to a bunch of other libraries throughout Hudson Valley. I usually go at least every two weeks. I can't wait to take the kids and have them enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.