If I were to quit my day job,....

...what do you think I would choose to be instead? Don't get me wrong, teaching is my calling in life. But there's always that teeny tiny voice in the back of my head. Some people will instantly say I'd be a cupcake-ateer, which to some degree is true, but there's one much bigger voice in my head. A voice that's humming. A voice that would like to be on a big stage, dressed in black, behind a microphone, in between two other people, bopping & swaying to the beat.

Have you guessed it yet? I would choose to be a backup singer. Sure the lead vocals are super, but what is a song without the extra "oo ooh's"' and "la la's?" Not to mention the stage presence as 2 or 3 backups work together to move, groove, and harmonize.

If you ever take a ride in the car with me, pay a bit more attention when the radio is on. Most of the time I don't sing along with the song, I sing backup. I'm practicing all the time. You never know when the day will come. There I'll be, front row at a Billy Joel concert, and one of the backups will pass out and have to leave. Good thing I've take the time to prepare. I'm here for you Billy, the show must go on! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!