Healthy, Cheap Snack Idea? Yes Please!

I'm always, always looking for easy, healthy snacks for my kids. Well, whole meals too, but we all know impossible that is. But the other days I whipped something up that even had me pleasantly surprised. It's cheap, it's quick, it's healthy, and it's delish!

I'm a big fan of the Christmas Tree Shop, but don't usually go into their food section. Last week I did though, and found these 'toast' crackers, almost like melba toast. They had a few different flavors, 32 in a pack, just $1! I bought a few packs and knew I'd find something great to use them for.
I had just purchased some yummy on the vine tomatoes that day too, so I decided to use them. I diced the tomatoes, and added a hint of onion, basil, salt, parmesan, and some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Tossed it together and created a little tomato salad.
That's it folks! After that, I simply placed a few toasts on a plate and put some of the tomato mixture on top. No cooking. No effort. So good. The crunchiness of the toast paired with the freshness of the mixture is heavenly.
My older one loved them, my little one is afraid of tomatoes. That's ok, he still enjoys the toast, and I know eventually I'll find something to put on it for him too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He's not the problem, their list is.

I've been driving for 19 years!